Research indicates that girls have differing educational, social, moral, sporting and cultural needs from those of boys and, experience confirms that girls enjoy significant advantages in a single sex environment. They participate fully, enjoy working collaboratively in teams and have more interaction with their teachers. Girls attending girls schools achieve significantly higher academic results. They also have higher career aspirations and are more likely to go on to hold leadership positions in their profession.
Girls have a firm voice within the School. As a result, they become critical thinkers, articulate, confident learners and positive self-starters. They have a strong sense of belonging and develop strong connections which allows each girl to establish her own identity and discover her own personality. Self-awareness is promoted and our girls are able to take risks in a secure and supportive environment.
- All voices are heard.
- Our expectations promote success.
- There are shared goals and there is a clear focus.
- There is a ‘can do’ attitude that ensures there are no boundaries in learning or career decisions.
- Our staff are experts in teaching girls.
- The curriculum is directed especially towards the educational and specific needs of girls.