Leadership is an intangible quality that allows students to grow. We celebrate the important role that women play as leaders of our society and opportunities for leadership are provided at all levels.
The goals of the Camberwell Leadership Program are to:
- Understand and create a personal model of good leadership
- Embrace a greater self awareness and understanding of leadership
- Believe and understand that leadership can be learnt by anyone
- Actively seek leadership opportunities
- Learn and practise the skills required of effective leaders
- Inspire students to use leadership roles in serving the School and community
- See the importance of leadership in the School and broader society
- Foster collaborative leadership practice
The leadership journey begins in Junior School when each class has a representative on the Student Council. In Year 6, all girls participate in a Leadership in Action program and have at least one specific leadership role during the year.
In Years 9 and 10 all students complete the Camberwell Leadership Diploma. To obtain the diploma, students must achieve set criteria in:
- Academic attitude and approach
- Co-curricular involvement
- House and School events
- Social Justice / Community Service
- Citizenship • Leadership workshops
- Mentoring program
Significant School and House Leadership positions are offered in Years 10, 11 and 12.
Leaders at Camberwell are role models for the School community. We are proud of the way in which they conduct themselves, grow in confidence and represent the School.
The School Captains for 2013 are:
School Vice Captains
Lauren Marc & Sarah Moss